STOP STICK is the world’s leading progressive tyre-deflation device for high-speed pursuits. Its effectiveness, reliability and reputation as the lightest, easiest-to-deploy and safest-to-handle progressive tyre-deflation device are a result of its innovative design. Proper deployment occurs well ahead of an approaching target vehicle. Stop Stick through its design allows officers to maintain a safe distance from the “hit zone,” yet stay in control of the device position via attached cord reel. Teflon®-coated quills penetrate the tyre and act as valves, releasing air at a safe, controlled rate.
BREON Defence Systems is the exclusive distributor for Stop Stick products since 2009. Officers in the following States and Territories, NSW, VIC, SA, TAS, ACT/AFP and NT rely on STOP STICK to end pursuits safely, prevent property damage, reduce liability and save lives, including their own. Globally 200,000 police vehicles are equipped with STOP STICK and more than 21,000+ pursuits have ended safely as a result. STOP STICK has become a staple of law enforcement vehicles in Australia at both State and Federal levels.
- Housing provides officer safety during deployment and removal from the roadway.
- 80-foot (24m) cord allows the deploying officer to stand a safe distance from the road.
- Engineered to deflate tyres without blowout; hollow Teflon® coated quills act as valves, releasing air at a safe, controlled rate.
- Eliminates the need for time-consuming, costly and potentially hazardous repair to deflation device.
- No debris left on roadway.
- STOP STICK offers the fastest deployment of any progressive tyre deflation device.
- Trunk-mounted storage rack allows for fast, easy access.
- Lightweight construction – just over 1 pound (.516kg) – makes deployment and retrieval virtually effortless.
- In-sleeve deployment allows an officer to throw device from the side of the road and quickly remove it by pulling the Cord Reel.
- Multi-directional spikes ensure correct deployment (any side can be facing down).
- Simple design is not dependent on complicated and unreliable technology such as wires and remote controls.
- Deflates tyres on virtually all vehicles including cars, trucks, buses and tractor-trailers.
- Can be used by departments with or without no-pursuit policies.
- Can be deployed grouped in a 9-foot (2.7m) or 12-foot (3.7m) sleeve.
- Works on a variety of terrain.
Download Stop Stick price here.